Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (5 Days)
Duration: 05 days
Considerations: Consult in advance availability for Huayna Picchu mountain and Machu Picchu mountain (60 USD per person)
Starting altitude: 3200 m / 10,500 ft
Highest Altitude: 4650 m / 15,200 ft.
Hiking distance: 72 km. / 45 miles.
Acclimatization is recommended
Day 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
Day 2: SORAYMAPA – SALKANTAY PASS – COLPAPAMPA
Day 3: COLPAPAMPA – SAHUAYACO BEACH
Day 4: SAHUAYACO BEACH - LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES
Day 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- INSTRUCTIONS: Before departure, you will have a meeting with your guide in our office to go over all the details about your tour. Orientation will be at 6:00 pm the night before your trip.
- CAMP EQUIPMENT: Mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, tables, chairs and kitchen utensils.
- EXPERIENCE OF OUR GUIDES: All our guides have a minimum of 3 years of experience as guides. They are professional, responsible and all have a deep love and respect for mother nature and her mountains. They will make sure that your trip is safe and enjoyable.
- FIRST AID: All our guides are qualified in training in high mountain first aid. They always carry a first aid kit on our hikes (includes pills for altitude sickness, diarrhea, vomiting, cuts, and cream for muscle pain). They also carry extra oxygen in emergencies.
- TRANSPORT: Our private transportation vehicles will pick you up at your hotel the morning of your trip and take you to the starting point of your trek. You will also return in our vehicles to Cusco at the end of the trek.
- ENTRANCE TICKETS:
Ticket to Mollepata – Salkantay.
Ticket to Machu Picchu.
Train ticket – Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- COMFORTABLE CAMPS: We have camps set up at each designated CAMP SITE, including:
Soraypampa – glass cabins for 02 people.
Colpapampa – private domes for 02 people.
Sahuayaco Beach – domes for 02 people.
Aguas Calientes – hotel.
- ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation that is included in Hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu mountain or Huayna Picchu mountain (60 USD)
- Sleeping bags (we rent for 15 USD)
- Trekking poles (we rent for 15 USD)
- Final lunch of day 4.
- Tips for our staff. It is not an obligation since they are paid a good salary, it is simply if you want to thank them on your behalf for their wonderful service in the mountains.
- Price according to the number of people.
- Please contact us for more information.