Olleros - Chavín Trek (3 Days)
Duration: 03 days / 02 nights
Distance: 38 km.
Highest point: 4700 m (Yanashallash Pass)
Olleros to Chavín trekking is one of the most beautiful and magical routes in the Cordillera Blanca where the hiking path is through an ancient pre-Inca route.
You can also appreciate some mountains of the Cordillera Blanca and on the last day there is a visit to the archaeological center of Chavín.
Day 1: Huaraz - Canrey Chico - Sacracancha (4080m)
Transfer transport to Canrey Chico, here we begin our hike to the Sacracancha camp 4080 m.
» Hiking time: 4 hours approx.
» Campsite: Sacracancha (4080m)
Day 2: Sacracancha - Yanashallash Pass (4700 m) – Shongo
This day our hike is ascending to the highest point of the hike, the Yanashallash pass, from this point we will have an impressive view of the Shongo valley.
» Hiking time: 6 to 7 hours approx.
» Camping: Shongo (4088m)
Day 3: Shongo (4088m) - Chavín - Huaraz
The last day the hike is very easy towards the town of Jato where our transport awaits us to move to Chavín where we will have a visit to the archaeological center and later return to Huaraz.
» Hiking time: 3 to 4 hours approx.
- Transportation: From your hotel in Huaraz to the starting point of the trek, and from the end of the trek to your hotel in Huaraz.
- Camping equipment: Good quality mountain tents (2 people per tent), mattresses, dining tent, kitchen tent, dishes and kitchen utensils, tables and chairs.
- Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner (option for vegetarians or vegans).
- Guide: Certified trekking guide (English or Spanish) another language by request.
- Cook: Trained cook to prepare varied and healthy dishes.
- Arriero: In charge of loading the donkeys and driving them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys depends on the size of the group. You can carry up to 6 kg of personal items that will be loaded onto the donkeys. During the day you will only carry your personal backpack.
- Emergency horse: 1 horse will accompany the group in case of emergency.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance fee to the Huascaran National Park / Temple and museum of Chavin (See Rates )
- Personal trekking equipment: sleeping bag (it is possible to rent in Huaraz), trekking shoes or boots, waterproof jacket and/or pants, poncho, backpack, flashlight, etc.
- Additional expenses: as a result of leaving the trek early, as a result of emergency rescue and/or evacuation, extra food or drinks in the villages, medical treatment.
- Breakfast the first day and dinner the last day.
- Price according to the number of people.
- Please contact us for more information.