Ausangate – Rainbow Mountain Trek (4 Days)
Duration: 04 days
Considerations: This trek does not visit Machu Picchu.
Starting altitude: 3200 m / 10,500 ft
Highest Altitude: 4650 m / 15,200 ft.
Walking distance: 72 km. / 45 miles.
Day 1: CUSCO – UPIS – THERMAL BATHS (HOT SPRINGS) UPIS
Day 2: THERMAL BATHS OF UPIS – ABRA ARAPA – PUKAQOCHA CAMPSITE
Day 3: PUCACCOCHA – ABRA PUCA – ANANTAPATA – YANACOCHA
Day 4: YANACOCHA – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – CUSCO
- INSTRUCTIONS: Before departure, you will have a meeting with your guide in our office to go over all the details about your tour. Orientation will be at 6:00 pm the night before your trip.
- CAMP EQUIPMENT: Mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, tables, chairs and kitchen utensils.
- EXPERIENCE OF OUR GUIDES: All our guides have a minimum of 3 years of experience as guides. They are professional, responsible and all have a deep love and respect for mother nature and her mountains. They will make sure that your trip is safe and enjoyable.
- FIRST AID: All our guides are qualified in training in high mountain first aid. They always carry a first aid kit on our hikes (includes pills for altitude sickness, diarrhea, vomiting, cuts, and cream for muscle pain). They also carry extra oxygen in emergencies.
- TRANSPORT: Our private transportation vehicles will pick you up at your hotel the morning of your trip and take you to the starting point of your trek. You will also return in our vehicles to Cusco at the end of the trek.
- ENTRANCE TICKETS:
Ticket to Termas de Upis
Ticket to Ausangate
Ticket to Mountain of Colors.
- 3 BREAKFASTS, 4 LUNCHES AND 3 DINNERS: Our talented chefs will prepare a delicious and filling breakfast, lunch and dinner for you throughout your journey. Our clients have loved the food prepared for them on their treks, and our chefs can also accommodate any dietary restrictions (such as vegetarian or vegan) at no additional cost. Please let your guide know at orientation if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies so we can arrange them in advance.
- WATER: Starting on night 1 at dinner, you will be provided with 2 liters of clean drinking water for the following day and 2 L will be replenished each night at dinner (nights 2 and 3). We recommend bringing a refillable water bottle or camelbak to store your water.
- Personal expenses
- Sleeping bag (US$ 20).
- Trekking poles (we rent for US$20.00)
- Day 1 breakfast, Day 4 final dinner
- Tips for our staff. It is not an obligation since they are paid a good salary, it is simply if you want to thank them on your behalf for their wonderful service in the mountains.
- Price according to the number of people.
- Please contact us for more information.