Climbing Mateo Peak (5150 m)
Fifth peak of the Contrahierbas Massif
Summit: Mateo Summit (5150 m)
Route: normal route
Duration: Full day
Difficulty: Moderate to demanding
Huaraz – Punta Olímpica – Pico Mateo 5150 m – Return.
- Departure from Huaraz 3:00 am approx. - Carhuaz - Ulta Valley (Huascaran National Park) - Punta Olimpica tunnel.
- Ascent through the moraine (rocky and vertical path) approximately 2 hours.
- Ascent on ice and snow to the summit from 45 minutes to 1 hour approximately.
- At the top we will remain for a few minutes to take pictures and enjoy the surrounding landscape and then we will return along the same path, for approximately 2 hours 30 minutes to Punta Olimpica.
- Return to the city of Huaraz – end of the tour between 2:00 to 3:00 pm approx.
- Transportation from/to your hotel.
- Specialized High Mountain Guide
- Technical mountaineering equipment (harness, crampon, helmet, rope, carabiners, ice ax, rope).
- Boots for ice and mixed climbing, if you don't have them.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance fee to the Huascaran National Park(See Rates )
- Personal cold clothing (pants and waterproof jacket, internal heaters, bandana, gloves, hats, glasses, etc.).
- Food (We recommend bringing water and snacks).
- Extra meals or drinks.
Nevado Mateo Price 2024
- GROUP SERVICE: PEN 300.00 soles, per person. (Prices not valid for holidays)
- PRIVATE SERVICE: Price according to the number of people. Please contact us for more information.
From: PEN 300.00 per person
Referential amount in dollars USD 78.95