Tour Chacas and Punta Olimpica
Tour in the Callejon de Huaylas and Conchucos
Duration: Full day.
Tour type: Bus tour, cultural, scenic.
Departure: 08:00 a.m.
Return: 07:00 p.m. approx.
Visit: Huaraz / Carhuaz / Ulta valley / Punta Olimpica / Chacas / Don Bosco Artisans.
- Departure from Huaraz heading north to the city of Carhuaz (2,638 m.), where we will taste artisan ice creams.
- Carhuaz – Ulta valley, we will enter the Huascaran National Park to register and make the respective payment.
- We will ascend in zig zag until we reach the Punta Olimpica tunnel (4,736 m, 1,384 m long, considered the highest trans-Andean tunnel in the world), from here we will have a beautiful panoramic view of the snow-capped mountains: Huascarán, Chopilcalqui, Ulta , among others we will make a brief stop to visit the lagoons of Cancaraca and Yanaraju.
- We will continue with the tour until we reach Chacas (3,360 m.), where we will visit the main square of Chacas, the church of the Virgin of Asunción (Mama Ashu), we will visit the artisan workshops of Don Bosco and his fine works in wood, textiles, clay, and glass that are exported around the world.
- Return to Huaraz.
- Shared tourist transport (Private service by request).
- Pick up from your hotel (only if your hotel is in the city center).
- Tour guide in Spanish (English or another language upon request).
- First aid kit.
- Permanent assistance.
- Entrance fee to the tourist places.
- Personal expenses.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Other services not specified.
- Price according to the number of people.
- Please contact us for more information.