Climbing Nevado Copa
Qupa 6 188 m.
This mountain is technically considered the easiest of the 6,000 of the Cordillera Blanca. Its name is due to the massive shape formed by the glacier seen from Huaraz.
Summit: 6188 m
Route: normal route
Duration: 4 days
Day 01: Huaraz – Vicos (3100 m) – Lejiacocha Base Camp (4700 m)
2 hours approx. (transport), 4 to 5 hours approx. (hike)
Day 02: Lejiacocha Base Camp – High Camp (5200 m)
4 hours approx.
Day 03: High Camp – Summit of Copa (6188 m) - Base Camp
6 hours approx.
Day 04: Base Camp - Vicos - Huaraz
4 hours approx. (hike), 2 hours approx. (transport)
- Transportation from/to your hotel.
- Certified Mountain Guide (IVBV/UIAGM/IFMGA)
- Cook and Porters.
- Donkeys and muleteers (the amount depends on the size of the group).
- Complete food during the expedition (Good and varied food, vegetarian option).
- Camping equipment: Good quality mountain tents (2 people per tent), mats, kitchen tent, tables, chairs, dishes and kitchen utensils, etc.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance fee to the Huascaran National Park (See Rates )
- Sleeping bag. (It is possible to rent in Huaraz)
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Breakfast the first day and dinner the last day.
- Extra food or drinks in the towns.
- Price according to the number of people.
- Please contact us for more information.